Wednesday 9 September 2015

Cerberus tournament preparation

So I've been having a few practice games with a list to see what has more punch to it. The only kind of thing it hasn't faced is a swarm of any kind, but I think it may do okay there too, with some hard work anyways.

First game was against some Scum forces, two Interceptors and the HWK-290.

We're set up an away. Interceptors have heavy laser cannons, deadly at long range.

Two turns later, my Imperials led by Lord Vader close in and take one out.

Game ends after my opponent loses his second interceptor, my forces only taking two shields of damage due to lucky evasive rolls.

The second game is against Scum yet again, but this time it's a list with more hit points that I end up facing.

With setup complete, we begin.

The HWK stays back to let the Starviper and Firespray deal with the enemy first.

Shots are exchanged and the HWK finally enters the fray succeeding in ioning one of my fighters, this will be the first of several successful ion attacks this game.

The Firespray fails to hit the ion effected target.

In a short time the Firespray and two Tie Advanced fighters are taken out, leaving Lord Vader to deal with the two enemies remaining.

With the HWK dealt with, Vader focuses on Guri in his Starviper.

In the end, Vader loses the jousting match, Guri limps away with a win. A very close game.

That's two of the three games, forgot to take photos of the first one, but my imperials won that one too, so two out of three wasn't too bad. I wonder how well it will fare against other people.

That's right, it's a Tie Advanced list baby!

I wanted to try something I haven't done before, so here's hoping this works out. I want to practice a few more times, but it seems to do what I want reasonably well. I just need to get used to flying these ones compared to other imperial ships.

2 comments:

  1. defiantly different i dont think ive seen more then one tie advance in a game so best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aiming to surprise and have fun with something different.

      Delete