Tuesday 6 October 2015

Cerberus Road to Nationals

Been a bit since I have updated, was at the Cerberus games Road to Nationals a little while back, figured I could give a brief summary!


This was me running my three Tie Advanced list, which garnered a lot of curious looks from other players.



Game 1 vs William Quinn
First opponent was running a list with Soontir, Palpatine in a shuttle and a phantom.

I did not maneuver very well here...
Ended in my utter destruction, learned a crucial lesson here about what not to do against this kind of list. My die were also betraying me quite hard with barely an evade result the whole game.

Game two vs John Fletcher

Started out with getting into an attack position, both of us flying quite well.

But in the end, I didn't even bring down a single ship of his.
My dice really hated me these first two games, but the only lesson learned in this game was f%$k my dice. John can confirm this, can't you John? :-)

Game 3 vs Shane Coombes


Running three Y-Wings and an Hwk-290 with Twin Laser Turrets, I go to experience first hand how well they can work.

I managed to take out two of his ships and nearly a third, but the game was his.

I really enjoyed this round, my dice were finally giving me some average evasion rolls and my opponent and I had a lot of fun dueling back and forth with these unconventional lists, I hope to meet you on the field of battle again Shane.

Game 4 vs Ryan Pike

With some unlucky flying, the firespray ended up right in the line of fire from Vader and his squadron

He put up one heck of a fight, this lone K Fighter took a bit to bring down, but in the end I was able to snatch up a victory.
This was the third time I have played against Ryan and each time has been fun, he is a great sport and I look forward to facing him again.

So in the end, I managed one win, the first game, I was definitely to blame with some stupid decisions, but my dice not playing nice in the first two games didn't help. There's always next time, and at least I gave my three Tie Advanced list a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment