Thursday 29 October 2015

First epic game, was a blast!

So a little while back Matt and I played our first epic size game, we went with 250 points to see how it goes, it did not disappoint! I was Imperials and he had control of the rebel forces, this was his first time flying a huge ship, I've had experience with the campaigns that come with the CR-90 and the GR-75 rebel ships.

Both forces are deployed, the rebels taking up an interesting setup.



Fighter begin engaging one another, in a fairly uneventful first round of combat.

Things get messy quick as I assume they often do when forces of this size clash like this.

Matt contemplates his losses thus far and attempts to rally his forces!

Chaos ensues, the Raider starts pummeling the Corvette whilst an Ion Bomb drains it's resources.

A close up of the madness

The Rebels suffer more losses and the Raider focuses all fire on the CR-90

The ships broadside one another, but the Raider prevails, the day is won for the Empire!

So epic play is huge fun, but takes a fair while longer to play. I feel it makes bombers a more viable choice since they have these massive targets to unleash their payload on. Next time I'll play Rebels and see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment